1. The function of Gerund is: The meeting was planned for discussing and creating.. Adverbial modifier.
2. Business before pleasure
3. Appear means . . . . to start to be aviable for the first time.
4. Gerund is used after: V+obj+preposition // Adjective+preposition.
5. “Used to do” is . . . used to talk about habits in the past.
6. We spoke . . . our life. E) about
7. Most teenagers find new technology very . . . exciting.
8. This is a nopportunity that comes once in a lifetime. We . . . let it pass. mustn’t
9. Prepositions used both by the infinitive and gerund. on
10. Choose the verb which is followed only by Infinitive. wait
11. Both Infinitive and Gerund. go on
12. My brother stopped reading and fell a sleep. gerund
13. Ann enjoy slistening to music. gerund
14. If we received documents tomorrow, we should start loading goods. 2nd Conditional
15. Choose the antonyms. cheerful – gloomy.
16. Stratford is a place . . . Shakespe are was born. where
17. Choose the phrasal verb with the meaning “To save money for the future”. toputaside.
18. The verb which is made with prefix. .reconstruct
19. You have deprived me . . . this pleasure. for.
20. Choose the correct varian to Reported Speech. Do you know where Kate is living? Ann asked me if I knew where Kate was living.
21. Choose the correct preposition. I replied . . . his letter yesterday. to.
22. Complete the sentence with the 1st Conditional. If it . . . , we . . . at home. rains/will stay.
23. Find the correct fraction: 4/9. Four ninths.
24. Match the number with its writing: 9/13. nine over thirteen.
25. 1 2/3 – one and two thirds.
26. Cardinal numbers: two, seven, eight.
27. Choose the ordinal number. thousand and first.
28. Grammatical category of noun “paper” is. . . Uncountable noun.
29. Choose the verb which is followed only by Infinitive. . agree.
30. Choose the correct item. The suspect . . . that he had been to the bank that day. denied.
31. Choose the correct varian to Reported Speech. “Don’t make so much noise” the man said to Pete. The man asked Pete not to make so much noise.
32. Choose the form of second conditional – FORMULA
33. Find the second conditionals. pastsimple, would+infinitive. or pastsimple, should +infinitive
34. This wireless set is better than __ one. that.
35. The equivalent to “someone whose job is to report the news for a newspaper, magazine, radio or TV Programme” is – publicist
36. Complete the sentence with the correct form of the verb. Toddlers . . . outdoors when the weather . . . . will play/allows.
37. Correct opinion of collective noun – pack of wolves.
38. Correct opinion of collective noun. a gang of criminals.
39. Correct noun: humidity, beauty.
40. Complete the sentence with the words: not/beautiful/house. It’s . . . I’d imagined. not as beautiful house as. not such a beautiful house as.
41. Doctor said that the boy opens his mouth . . . widely.
42. Choose the right preposition: to insist _ on.
43. The correct indirect speech sentence is: The teacher asked, “Are you ready for the lesson?”
The teacher asked the students if they were ready for the lesson.
The teacher asked if they were ready for the lesson.
44. Find verb for ming suffix. en.
45. Canada is washed bу _ ____ осеаns. Pacific, Arctic аnd Atlantic
46. How . . . milk in the bottle? much.
47. The correct sentence with Complex Object: She is expected to be on time.
48. Make up compound word: OVER – crowded.
49. LUGGAGE – uncountable noun.
50. Sentence with possessive pronouns. They are not mine. / it’s your dog. / Those are our relatives. / These are my books.
51. He run . . . the other side of the hill. down.
52. Black cats are known . . . misfortune – to bring.
53. The girl ________ door works for a foreign company. living next
54. Noun DISPOSE – DISPOSAL.
55. Global warming . . . by humans. was caused.
56. — 5 small round blue disks.
57. A bird maybe known by its — song.
58. Catch up with means – to work hard to do uncompleted work.
59. Equivalent to “ask for smth you have a right to” – CLAIM.
60. Prefix is: — irritate
61. Maria ____ the window because it was stuffy – opened.
62. John bought Maria a pair of…. gloves? – black leather.
63. The prices of the goods are state. — Below.
64. The sentence with Subjunctive. I wish I were ready to change my life.
65. John said he was feeling ill. I was feeling pretty bad. myself.
66. We have taken___ dictionaries, has she taken____ our/ hers?
67. Interrogative sentence. With whom did you come yesterday?
68. Participle 1. Looking — straight into my eyes, our secretary may tell awful lies.
69. Participle 1. Smiling — face is always beautiful.
70. 3rd type syllabus: start, work ,her.
71. You must try and get to the lesson . . . earlier.
72. Order of adjectives. They saw a gigantic round silver space ship.
73. Verb only used by infinitive AGREE.
74. Complex object: My last employer made me agree — on such conditions.
75. Future form of MUST – WILL HAVE TO.
76. Participle 2. A broken — cup maybe hardly repaired.
77. The Internet had changed — our lives by the early 2000s.
78. When we returned — to the office our colleagues was typing a business letter.
79. A man pointed ___- the huge wave and everyone started screaming. at
80. Verb only used as Gerund – resist.
81. — The — United States found KZ as a reliable partner in -. . . — Central Asia. (The/a / -…)
82. The hotel is located near the rink. (The/the).
83. We didn’t expect him to answer — our questions.
84. The French were the first settler to this country. (The/the).
85. She lives in London. She owns a house on Thames river. (in/on).
86. Correct answers : We are considering getting engaged
87. Correct sentence. Try not to for get her birthday.
88. In this sentence Gerund is: Driving is pleasant subject
89. The adjective “stale”: bread.
90. It was nice of you to come.
91. He ran down — the other side of the hill.
92. There are planes- taking off — or landing every few minutes.
93. Next year our manager will find a way tobe — effective.
94. Adjective order: old- fashioned hand made doll —
95. I dislike the idea of spending — my holiday at home.
96. Paraphrase: The boy was taken from his parents at an early age.
97. Being taken from his parents at an early age the boy had a very difficult life.
98. Find the word with the suffix meaning an acting person. Writer
99. Suitable form soft he verbs: If you… the job, you … more freedom. got /’d not have.
100. William Shakespeare ____in this house when he was a child. used to live.
Text. The Tower of London is one of the most imposing and popular of London’s historical sites. It comprises not one, but 20 towers.
101. According to the text people were beheaded in the Tower of London. 3
102. The ravens in the Tower would not fly away only because…. their wings are clipped.
103. Bloody tower is the place where: King Edward ‘s two sons were murdered.
104. lf you go to the Tower of London you can visit home of … the Crown Jewels
105. »Fate» means the things that … . happen to someone.
Text. William I, The Conqueror, was born in 1027 in France. He crossed the English Channel with an army 12,000 men in 1066 and won the battle of Hastings. On Christmas day 1066 he was crowned King in Westminster Abbey.
106. What is Domes day Book?: — the book with accurate figures.
107. Who is Elizabeth II?: — the mother of the Prince of Wales.
108. Who is the next after Elizabeth I?: — Prince Charles.
109. Why is the Westminster Abbey famous for?: — because of the royal ceremonies in there.
110. Why is William I, The Conqueror the Hero of Britain?: — because he has won the last battle in the British history.
111. Furniture – uncountable noun.
112. GERUND: post phone.
113. Canada is ___ bilingual country and is considered .__ world leader in ___ language training. a/the/-
114. She ___ that she had been feeling. explained
115. My colleagues suggest . . . our work to a flash drive. saving.
116. A giraffe is considered . . . the highest blood pressure of any animals. to have.
117. Modal verb. You___ not to light three cigarettes with the same match. ought.
118. GERUND. understanding.
119. Possessive pronouns. A) hers B) ours C) mine H) his
120. 3rd syllabus: fur / turn
121. Verb and noun with the same meaning. help
122. Complex subject: Some people appear . . . very easily. to be offended
123. Choose the cardinal numbers. five hundred.
124. Choose the cardinal numbers. . thirteen. / three hundred and seventy five.
125. Medical is matched with . . . treatment.
126. England is predominantly (a) low land country with (the) Pennie Chain, (the) Cumbrian mountain sand (the) Yorkshire moorlands in (the)north. А/the/the/the/the
127. The parties couldn’t agree . . . the terms of the contract. on
128. He spoke . . . the international situation. on
129. ABSTRACT NOUN: intelligence. / kindness./ art/ history
130. Find equivalent to “chemical changes in a food when sugar in it produces alcohol” – ferment.
131. Choose the preposition which is followed by Gerund. after
132. The new James Bond film is — entertaining.
133. How . . . sheets of paper do you want? – many.
134. Nobody phoned. Nobody phoned, did they?
135. Choose the phrasal verb meaning “switch on”. to switch on (turn on).
136. Winter . . . new hopes by the end of the year. brought
137. Swimming is good for you. . subject.
138. Correct form of the verb. We . . .solve a problem since June. . have been trying
139. Choose correct sentence of Reported speech. John suggested that we could go for a swim
140. Choose the correct pronoun. If you find . . . money on the floor, it is mine. I dropped . . . this morning. Any/some
141. Sam (buy) new tyres so that his car (pass) the safety inspection bought/had passed
142. “I promise I will write to you as soon as I arrived, Jane” said Nick.
Nick promised Jane that he . . . to her as soon as he . . . would write/arrived
143. She . . . that she had been feeling unwell. explained .
144. Choose the correct sentence of Reported Speech. Jenny said that she was reading an interesting book
145. Fill in the gaps with correct variant of Reported Speech “I will come tomorrow and finish the work” the plumber said to grandma
The plumber promised grandma that he . . . the next day and . . . the work. .Would come/finish
146. Complete sentence with Participle 2.
___ messages are kept in a mailbox. 30 days before they get deleted from the database . received
147. Verbs followed by an – ing form. can’t stand /can’t face / can’t help / can’t resist
148. Choose the correct sentence It was nice of you to come
149. Many arguments . . . by misunderstanding Were caused / Are caused
150. Choose a general word for the following group a building
151. Her granny has got a nice small old round brown French wooden box.
152. Choose the correct preposition: That organization is engaged … the sale of timber. for
153. Find the Passive Form of the verb. is eaten
154. Modal verb followed by «to» ought
155. Choose the correct preposition. He included these figures__ his report. in
156. Gerund is use dafter: verb + object + preposition / adjectives and preposition
157. Choose the correct variant of Reported Speech. Do you know where Kate is living? Ann asked me if I knew where Kate was living
158. Find the correct fraction: 4/9. Four ninths
159. Match the number with its writing: 9/13. nine over thirteen
160. 1 2/3 – one and two thirds
161. Cardinal numbers two, seven, eight.
162. Choose the ordinal number. thousand and first
163. A bird maybe known by its … song
164. Catch up with means: to work hard to do uncompleted work
165. There a planes taking off or landing every few minutes
166. Equivalent to ask for something you have a right to claim
167. Third Conditional if+Past Perfect, would have+Past Participle
168. Complex subject: Our colleague seems to be preparing for a job interview now.
169. ‘used to Vo’ is: not a modal verb used to talk about habits in the past
170. There a planes taking off or landing every few minutes
171. Complex Subject: Black cats are known to bring misfortune
172. When we returned to the office, our colleague was typing a business letter173.
173. If Macdonald’s company opens a new restaurant every 8 hours how many restaurant are opened in 32 hours? 4 restourants
174. Why Mcdonald’s has not any waiter? People began to serve themselves
175. Why a new drink named Coca Cola? A new drink named due to two of the ingredients coca leaf and coca nut
176. Conditional 0: If +present simple(past simple)+ present simple (past simple)
177. Conditional 1: If +present simple (continuous/perfect) + future simple (continuous/perfect)
178. Fill in the correct preposition. He walked ¬___the hills Up
179. Canada is washed by Pacific, Arctic and Atlantic
180. Chemical ferment sugar
181. Appear means: to prepare smth. To improve the condition
182. Used to do is: used to talk about habits in the past
183. Fill in the first missing sentence in paragraph 1. What is the difference between a fear and a phobia ?
184. People ___ are phobias. between 10 and 80
185. R. Grint and J.K. Rowling are afraid of Spiders
186. Fill in the first missing sentence in paragraph 3. There are some people whose phobias are more unusual
187. Famous actors animals fear are cats and butterflies
188. ___ of her students went on to become teachers Lots
189. We ___ taken a taxi when it rained. should have
190. Choose sentence with correct question tags. Know he was a criminal , did you? / You know that men don`t you ?
You didn`t We`ve met before, haven`t we ? / Mike hasn`t been to Rome before, has he ?
191. Find wrong sentence from the list. He play the guitar…./ Everyone says……/ She speaks French fluent
192. Find sentence with Absolute Participial construction. The letter having been written, he went out to post it. / An election leaving the surface, the metal becomes positively charged. / The fuel exhausted, the engine stopped.
193. Reported Speech. «I love ice cream», said Altai. Altai said that he loved ice cream. / He said that he loved ice cream
194. Choose the sentence with Gerund They are interested in learning foreign language or I `m interested in learning foreign language ????
195. The function of Gerund is: The meeting was planned for discussing and creating. Subject
196. We were surprised ____ his behavior for
197. Find the sentence with reflexive pronoun. She spoke very little of her….
198. Modal verb. I read texts about the ecology and nature of KZ poster Have to / must have
199. We were watching teenagers ____ on the river Swim
200. If person ____ a story he creates it makes up
201. Reported speech. Michael told his dad to wake up early
202. Sentence with Participle 2. The saw overturned tables and chairs all over
203. Nobody saw the things kept in that___ box
204. This is the church built many ears ago
205. Participle 1. Arriving at the Bangok airport …….
206. The correct pronoun. ___ has the habit of walking to ___ He, / himself
207. Our collegue ______ for a message. will be waiting
208. Complex Object. I saw children playing computer games
209. The words ending with «Z» toys, doors, pens, plays, pools
210. Third conditional. If I hadn`t felt tired, I would have gone to bed
211. Let`s go to the cinema tonight, Amy ____ suggested
212. Irregular men, geese, teeth
213. Idiom Catch up…. Fail..
214. He said_____ he had already done his homework
215. What time _____on TV? is the news
216. Idiom Play by____ ear
217. The people will have solved….2050____ till
218. The opposite of adjective «shallow» deep
219. «Sophisticated» antonym of inexperience
220. A compound word. household
221. Monkeys ____long arm have
222. He has got enough money at the moment. Hasn`t he
223. Perfect Participle Active sentence Having photocopied all the papers, Sarah put them back in the file
224. Used after LITTLE comfort, / blood, / luck./ damage,/ information./ furniture
225. Their house will have been finished ___the time you come from
Text. English .. .Chinese
226. English language is used in the majority of world`s e-mails
227. ‘To estimate’ means to calculate
228. By 2050 the number of English speaking people will have dropped
229. Chinese language is the leading in the future world
230. The English words were borrowed from Saxons
Text. British Education
231. There are 2.400 Independent schools in British
232. Fees vary from about 250 to 3.000 points a term
233. Eton is the best know public school
234. Because they prepare the children for the common Entrance Exam
235. Include religious schools for ethnic minorities
236. There is nothing tastier than ____tomato a nice red
237. The temperature today is ___ high ___it was yesterday as..as
238. Find complex odject. A new movie made___about the way we live our lives him think